General Rules of Throwing Safety
- Never turn your back to the circle or runway
In the photo above, notice the position of the person in the white t-shirt, seated near the front of the cage. This is a prime example of violation of rule#1. He would have little if any chance of moving out of the way were the implement to come toward him.
- Never allow anyone else to turn their back to the circle or runway
- Keep the sector and area near the boundaries as clear as possible
- Walk the implements back - don't throw them back
- Never assume that everyone is watching and aware of heir surroundings
- Cages are there to dissipate the energy of the implement - not necessarily to stop it!
- Safety is an all-the-time, every day thing!